Facts About the Paleo DietBy David S
The paleo diet is designed in a manner that looks like what our ancient ancestors had fed on. Many of the people who embrace this manner of lifestyle and diet have had no regrets whatsoever as they grow up healthy and strong.
They are protected from different sorts of diseases and various kinds of cancer as well. Research has further made known that it could help in a healthy weight loss. Herein, there are some choices and preferences. However, they are not fixed and could vary depending on personalities or even geographical areas.
Foods you should eat are fish, nuts, herbs, meat, eggs, vegetables, seeds, spices, healthy fats, and oils.
You should try to avoid soft drinks, grains, processed foods, sugar and vegetable oils, dairy products, legumes, artificial sweeteners, and margarine.
A paleo diet depends on how available it is and the location. The main idea of the paleo diet is to avoid processed foods and eat whole foods.
Avoid these ingredients and foods:
- Sugar, Soft drinks, candy, fruit juices, table sugar, pastries, ice cream, and so on.
- Grains like bread, barley, pasta, rye, wheat, spelled and others
- Legumes: Lentils, beans, and so on.
- Dairy: Stay away from almost all kinds of dairy, especially the ones tagged to be low fat.
- Some vegetable oils: Sunflower oil, soybean oil, corn oil, cottonseed oil, safflower oil, grape seed oil, and many more.
- Trans fats: these are found in processed foods and margarine.
- Artificial sweeteners: make use of natural sweeteners instead.
Instead, you should concentrate more on the intake of some of the following
- Meat: Lamb, beef, chicken, pork, turkey, and many more.
- Fish and other seafood: Shrimp, salmon, shellfish, trout, haddock, shrimp, and others.
- Vegetables: Kale, carrots, broccoli, onions, peppers, tomatoes