How Hormone Imbalances Can Cause ObesityBy Gio D
Obesity is a long-term and chronic medical disease in persons who possess too much body fat. A person’s body mass index is calculated from their current weight and height.
Why does obesity seem to be a problem?
Being obese can make the chances that you will develop chronic health complications higher. These problems include heart disease, stroke, diabetes, gallstones, gout, high blood pressure, fatty liver, sleep apnea, osteoarthritis, high cholesterol, and a lot of other types of cancer.
It can even make a lot of other medical problems very hard to treat, and it also heightens the risk of early death.
A lot of stigmas could come with obesity, which in the long run might psychologically affect the victim and the treatment they are receiving.
What is the cause of obesity?
The major and widely known cause of obesity is too much intake of food, especially fatty ones. Consumption of junks to be precise. However, another possible cause of obesity is a hormone imbalance, which also referred to as hypothyroidism. These are a bit rare, though.
Highlighted below are some ways in which an obese person or almost obese person can shed off a lot of weight.
- Some changes in your lifestyle: make sure to reduce your intake of foods that are high in sugar or fat.
- Consume more whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.
- Spend at least 30 minutes per day, engaging yourself in moderate physical activity like taking a walk.
- Make sure not to miss the three meals each day, especially breakfast.
- Control your intake of snacks and meals.
- Always look for ways in which you can be more active. For instance, making use of the stairs more.
- Involve your household members to make your decision firmer.