How To Shower And Bathe Properly
Bathing is, of course, part of everyone’s daily routine. It is an effective, fast and refreshing way to ensure you stay clean. If you have worked out or engaged in a sport, always shower after. It is essential to know how to shower appropriately, and below is a guide:
As a matter of hygiene, it is vital you shower at least once daily. Below is a step by step guide:
- Make sure that the water runs at the proper temperature. You don’t have to shower with steaming hot water. Notably, it is recommended by dermatologists that you shower in slightly warm or lukewarm water.
- Before applying soap, have a quick rinse to wet your skin.
- Apply body wash or bar soap to your body by use of hands, washcloth, or loofah. Begin at your shoulders and neck as you go down your body’s length. Make sure that you wash your legs and in between your toes with soap and water.
- Rinse the soapy residue using a little more water to ensure that your skin isn’t drying with scaly soap remnants.
- For the hair, wash it by squeezing a quarter-sized amount of shampoo in your palm and apply this to your hair. Particularly focusing on your scalp and your neck’s nape, lather up. You shouldn’t worry if the shampoo will reach the ends of your hair, as, during the rinsing, the shampoo will cleanse and get infused on your entire hair strands.
- Proceed to apply conditioner to soften your strands. Begin with a dollop on your palm and then spread it through your hair, ensuring it evenly distributes on each strand, aiming at your hair’s ends during the rinsing.
- In the final phase of rinsing, your body and hair switch to cool or lukewarm water. This encourages blood flow through the entire body, seals the conditioner into your hair follicles, and offers you a refreshing jump start as you get out of the shower.
By showering, you always leave your body refreshed and relaxed.