The Most Effective Acne Treatments
Dealing with rough skin could be quite frustrating, especially for people who always have to meet other people. Thankfully, just as stressful as dealing with it could be, getting the solutions and applying it could be a lot easier. Quite a lot of products can be very efficient in getting rid of acne.
Retinoids and retinoid-like drugs
They could come as gels, cream, and lotions. Retinoid drugs are gotten from vitamin A. This routine helps to prevent falling of the hair follicles.
Antibiotics help to kill excess skin bacteria and reduce the redness of the skin.
Salicylic acid and azelaic acid
Azelaic acid is a natural acid found in animal products and whole-grain cereals. It has antibacterial properties.
Note: Making use of nicotinamide, zinc, sulfur, resorcinol, and sulfacetamide sodium or aluminum in topical treatments to treat acne has not been verified yet.
- Antibiotics: This works for both moderate acne and severe acne; you may require oral antibiotics to fight inflammation and reduce bacteria.
- Combined oral contraceptives: Some contraceptives that have been approved by the NDA could also be very efficient when treating acne.
- Anti-androgen agents: This option may be considered for adolescent girls and women, especially if oral antibiotics are not working. It helps to block the effect of androgen hormones on sebaceous glands.
Therapies might be required in some cases, sometimes alone or with medications. Some of these therapies include:
- Lasers and photodynamic therapy
- Chemical peel
- Extraction of whiteheads and blackheads
- Steroid injection
Recently, younger children are getting acne as well, and getting the solutions for them haven’t been as rampant as the problem has been. However, a few simple solutions have been highlighted.
- Wash affected areas with a gentle cleanser
- Avoid certain products, such as facial scrubs, astringents, and masks
- Avoid irritants
- Protect your skin from the sun
- Avoid touching or picking at the problem areas
- Shower after strenuous activities